Wellbeing co-ordination, or social prescribing, plays a vital part in helping people connect with services and activities in their local community to help improve their health and wellbeing.
Employed by Involve Voluntary Action in Mid Devon, the role is to work across the Mid Devon Healthcare Primary Care Network (MDHPCN) area based in Chulmleigh.
As well as working with individuals on a one to one basis you will also deliver group approaches which are proven to work well for people with long term conditions who need to manage their lifestyle in order to keep well.
Working with a small team of wellbeing coaches and other wellbeing co-ordinators you will be responsible for:
- receiving and providing support for referrals from GPs, community health teams and adult and social care for those individuals who meet the agreed criteria and who may benefit from social support and activities available from the voluntary and community sector
- supporting individuals to identify, communicate and achieve their aspirations for better lives through non-clinical interventions
- working with other members of the MDHPCN social prescribing team to identify appropriate group approaches for their identified clients and facilitate their delivery.
- facilitating clinically focused group consultation sessions, with a clinician available to respond to clinical questions and concerns, where clients experience support and connection with their peers as people with a common lived experience, are explored.
You will have the ability to build trust and a positive dialogue with individuals who face challenges with their health and wellbeing or other issues together with a commitment to a flexible approach and a focus on ‘what matters to me’ for an individuals.
The role requires an enhanced DBS check and access to your own vehicle.
Job share considered.
Please email email@example.com for full job description and application form.
Application deadline: 30/04/2021
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place