We support organisations to be better able to respond to the changing climate of services and funding, and to ensure that they are resourced to help build more resilient communities.
- We organise and promote learning events to develop the skills of your team.
- We can deliver direct support to your organisation or community project.
- We provide information and advice on starting up, finance, governance and planning.
We help to ensure that statutory agencies and other partners have a better understanding of, and engage with, the voluntary sector.
- We promote the sector through the production of reports in partnership with DeVA.
- We ensure that the voice of the sector is heard at district and county level.
- We forge strategic partnerships to improve engagement with the sector.
We bring community projects together to share ideas, and increase collaborative and partnership activities.
- We hold forums and networking events for groups and organisations.
- We help maintain and increase sector capacity.
- We support with access to and distribution of funds available to members of the sector.
Membership & Support
There are a number of advice and guidance sheets to provide key information and starting points for groups. These can be accessed from the DeVA website.
Visit our News and Events page to see upcoming networking and shared learning opportunities in our area.
For the year April 2018 – March 2019 with our funding from Devon County Council and Mid Devon District Council,. We are able to offer the following free at point of delivery support to any group and organisation based or delivering services in Mid Devon:
- Development work (up to 5 hours for existing group and 7 hours for a new group)
Groups will be able to access additional support on a fee paying basis.
Involve has a local supporters scheme which delivers the following benefits:
- Voting rights at Involve meetings
- 4 printed copies of the newsletter per year if requested (via DeVA)
- Priority places at networking events, forums and workshops
- DBS checks per year. Volunteers only
- Office services, including photocopying, binding, laminating.
- Monthly funding newsletter.